THE VISCOUNT WHO LOVED ME

 

 

 

1814 promises to be another eventful season, but not, This Author believes, for Anthony Bridgerton, London's most elusive bachelor, who has shown no indication that he plans to marry. And in all truth, why should he? When it comes to playing the consummate rake, nobody does it better...                          --Lady Whistledown's Society Papers, April 1814

But this time the gossip columnists have it wrong. Anthony Bridgerton hasn't just decided to marry--he's even chosen a wife! The only obstacle is his intended's older sister, Kate Sheffield--the most meddlesome woman ever to grace a London ballroom. The spirited schemer is driving Anthony mad with her determination to stop the betrothal, but when he closes his eyes at night, Kate's the woman haunting his increasingly erotic dreams...

Contrary to popular belief, Kate is quite sure that reformed rakes do not make the best husbands--and Anthony Bridgerton is the most wicked rogue of them all. Kate's determined to protect her sister--but she fears her own heart is vulnerable. And when Anthony's lips touch hers, she's suddenly afraid she might not be able to resist the reprehensible rake herself...

 

 

 

QUICK INSIGHT

 

Author: Julia Quinn

Genre: Historical Romance

Traditional or Self-Pub: Traditional 

Pages: 391

Cover art: 3/5

Cover by: N/A

Overall Reading Experience: 5/5

First 5 Chapters: Viscount Anthony has a fear and that fear is made clear right it to the prologue, but not only that we get to see deeper in the characters past as soon as you crack the book open, which I typically do not like but Julia Quinn has a lovely way with word and compelling you to dive deeper with the characters. 

Reasons to keep reading: Swoon worthy romance. Enemies to Lovers. Gloves being slowly pulled off. Wicked smiles.

Get it Here: The Viscount Who Loved Me

 

WRITING!

Dear readers, if you know me, you know I am one to nit pick at novels. Especially,  within the first couple of chapters. If I can’t be compelled, if I am not automatically swift into a world full of fanciful character, then I toss it aside. 

Julia Quinn is my new favorite author. She has a way of creating a world that I believe I am a part of. I am so convinced that I am the main character, while reading. Everything comes full circle while reading one of her novels, no plot holes are left, no mistakes and these beautiful scenes have me smiling, which probably looks awkward to an onlooker. 

 

 

HOT or NOT?

 

Like all 63 million households that enjoyed watching Bridgerton on Netflix, I too binged watch the whole series in one sitting. And that was not enough for me, and knowing there were more books and more series to come I could not patiently wait… So I did what any other sane person would do. I purchased the whole series.

I do not have any regrets. 

And Just like all 63 millions households we find that scandals are hot. 

Viscount Anthony and Lady Sheffield are indeed involved in a scandal, maybe even worse than the Duke of Hastings and Lady Bridgerton. 

Anthony was not my favorite character while watching the show, but reading ‘The Viscount who loved me’, explained a great deal to his overprotective big brother personality. And his “I am not marrying anyone ever” mentality. 

As well as, he gets what's coming. Some who will push back, someone who is just as mean and wicked as he is. 

And there is nothing hotter than two characters who non stop bicker, who have a burning desire to hate each other passionately. There is nothing that twists my insides more than stolen kisses, soft touches, and forced marriages? Which seems to run a lot in the Bridgerton family. 

Kate Sheffield on the other hand is a great character. She isn’t attracted to the idea of marriage, in fact she is quite content with the idea of being a spinster and letting her sister Edwina marry someone who will take care of the family. 

But Just like Anthony… Kate finds herself wanting the exact opposite. 

If you need any more reason to read this book, well I will just say two more words, honeymoon montage. 

 

As always, I do recommend forming your own opinion, so there is a direct link to the book up above. And I always welcome feedback on my own critique as I’m not always right.









 





 

Comments

Popular Posts