THE UNHONEYMOONERS

 

 

 

 

Olive is always unlucky; her identical twin sister Ami, on the other hand, is probably the luckiest person in the world. While she's about to marry her dream man, Olive is forced to play nice with her nemesis: the best man, Ethan.

 

Yet Olive's luck may be on the turn . . . When the entire wedding - except for Olive and Ethan - gets food poisoning, there's an all-expenses-paid honeymoon in Hawaii up for grabs. Putting their mutual hatred aside, Olive and Ethan head for paradise. But when Olive runs into her future boss, the little white lie she tells him spirals out of control.

 

Forced to play loving newlyweds, she and Ethan find themselves in closer proximity than they ever expected. Soon, Olive finds that maybe she doesn't mind pretending. In fact, she's beginning to feel kind of . . . lucky.

 

 

QUICK INSIGHT

 

Author: Christina Lauren

Genre: Romance Fiction

Traditional or Self-Pub: Traditional (Gallery Books)

Pages: 395

Cover art: 5/5

Cover by: Ella Laytham

Overall Reading Experience: 4/5

Reasons to keep reading: It's almost like taking a vacation.

Get it Here: The Unhoneymooners

 

WRITING!

Christina Lauren, the two of you did the dang thing, writing a sweet enemies to lovers romance novel is hard. I’ve tried and it’s not a walk in the park.

 What I loved about this book is it sucked me in so hard that I didn’t have time to notice typos, or pacing. But sitting here writing this review, isn’t that the point of a novel? Is it written so well that if you mess up on one or two things it goes unnoticed. 

But even reminiscing on the character, the scenes, the plot, it all flowed well together. There are no questions rummaging around in my head. So I applaud Christina Lauren. 

 

 

HOT or NOT?

 

This book buried me deep within my covers, dreaming of waves crashing along the shore, with help of my sound machine, it made it realistic for me to believe I too was in Hawaii enjoying someone else's Honeymoon. It’s the perfect read to escape, as your surroundings start to fade away, immersing yourself into the depths of what Hawaii has to offer for this sweet Enemies to Lover Romance. 

Yes. Yes. Yes. It’s the little things that make this book so delicious. They are rushed into taking Olive’s sister and Ethan’s brother all inclusive, non-refundable honeymoon trips. Why does this only happen in books? My sister got married last week and that was my vacation.

On this trip they have constant run-ins with people from their past, and present, forcing Ethan and Olive to pretend to be married. They have to share a hotel room, but they don’t have to share a vacation but they do! Olive and Ethan quickly find out they love being in each other's company. But constantly being around each other has a chain reaction, which leads to closed quarters, forced kisses and drunken confessions.

And once they finally crawl into bed together, it’s almost like the curtains draw close and house lights dim. I would have liked those scenes to be a bit more, if you know what I mean.

Finally, what I think I enjoyed most about this book, is that the story doesn’t end after the honeymoon ends. They have to go home to deal with their new relationship status as well as some other secrets that unravel due to them getting together. 

It’s nice to see a book realistically show the cause and effect of enemies to lovers. Because like all books that revolve around drama, their relationship does have an affect on the other characters. 

 

As always, I do recommend forming your own opinion, so there is a direct link to the book up above. And I always welcome feedback on my own critique as I’m not always right.









 





Comments

Popular Posts