SHORTCAKE




Benjamin Crawford thinks Emelia conned his dying grandmother into leaving her half of an estate worth millions, so let's just say he's not her biggest fan either. Not even close.


Now they have to live together for the next thirty days while renovating the family home. Or the estate will transfer to the one person Ben hates more than Emelia, and she'll have to move back to the one place she wants to forget more than Ben.

Did I mention Ben looks likes man-candy and smells like testosterone? Not that Emelia notices. She spends a lot of time not noticing things about Ben.

 

 

QUICK INSIGHT

 

Author: Lucy Watson

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Traditional or Self-Pub: Self-Pub

Pages: 411

Cover art: 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Cover by: N/A

Overall Reading Experience: 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

First 5 Chapters: Sometimes I hate reading because of how long it takes me to get into a book. (Typically it takes me five chapters.) I want to be swept away as soon as I crack it open and that's exactly what Lucy Watson managed to do, with her compelling lead female character Emmy and the dark brooding love interest Ben.

Reasons to keep reading: Tension so high I felt it in my lower back.

Get it Here: Shortcake 


WRITING!

One reason I struggle to start a book or even finish a book is because of the writing. But there was no problem with Lucy Watson's words. It's like she compelled me to not see any errors or typos, the book was that DAMN good. Lucy is for sure talented at getting a joke to the reader because I could not hide the ear-splitting grin or the fact that I did laugh out loud at work.. on my lunch break, of course.

 

 

HOT or NOT?

 

"You touch me. I touch you." The hottest line to ever be uttered from a book character. I was squirming in my chair just from the sheer lust that oozed from Ben's words. And Emmy, Oh My God, did she tease and tease and tease... And eventually, I thought I would combust right there, in the middle of my living room.

From the beginning these two characters had tension so high I felt it in my lower back. They took enemies to lovers to a whole other level. Both characters have to have the last word, or the need to one-up the other, which always gets them into a pickle...A pickle I never wanted them to get out of.

The only reason I did not rate this story five stars because of all the questions that were never answered. Like what happens between Ben and his dad? Did Derek just go AWOL? Will there be a book two? I scoured the internet and came back with nothing. And was that marriage certificate real?

I NEED TO KNOW NOW!

Anyways... If you are looking for your next book to read and stumbled on my blog...

Well, this is your sign. Read it.


As always, I do recommend forming your own opinion, so there is a direct link to the book up above. And I always welcome feedback on my own critique as I’m not always right.









 



Comments

Popular Posts