REGRETTING YOU


Morgan Grant and her sixteen-year-old daughter, Clara, would like nothing more than to be nothing alike.

Morgan is determined to prevent her daughter from making the same mistakes she did. By getting pregnant and married way too young, Morgan put her own dreams on hold. Clara doesn’t want to follow in her mother’s footsteps. Her predictable mother doesn’t have a spontaneous bone in her body.

With warring personalities and conflicting goals, Morgan and Clara find it increasingly difficult to coexist. The only person who can bring peace to the household is Chris—Morgan’s husband, Clara’s father, and the family anchor. But that peace is shattered when Chris is involved in a tragic and questionable accident. The heartbreaking and long-lasting consequences will reach far beyond just Morgan and Clara.

While struggling to rebuild everything that crashed around them, Morgan finds comfort in the last person she expects to, and Clara turns to the one boy she’s been forbidden to see. With each passing day, new secrets, resentment, and misunderstandings make mother and daughter fall further apart. So far apart, it might be impossible for them to ever fall back together.


 

 

QUICK INSIGHT

 

Author: Colleen Hoover

Genre: Heartfelt Romance & Family Drama

Traditional or Self-Pub: Self-Pub

Pages: 354 (e-book)

Cover art: 4/5

Cover by: David Drummond

Overall Reading Experience: 3/5

First 5 Chapters: This book will throw you for a loop. Especially if you didn’t read the summary like I didn’t. After the first chapter she threw the line, I got snagged on the hook and she reeled me in. It didn’t take me five chapters to get invested, it took me one!

Reasons to keep reading: Mystery, questions and betrayal!! 

Get it Here:  Regretting You


 

 

 

 

WRITING!

Like I’ve said in a previous post I am picky when it comes to writing. If there’s too many typos I get drawn out, if there’s hardly a plot then I can’t even bring myself to finish it. 

Colleen Hoover is the opposite. She has the type of writing I love the most. This story pulled me in instantly. And she managed to keep up with the flow and pacing, not once did I have to tear myself away. Instead I was finding ways to sneak off to finish this book.  

 

HOT or NOT?

 

 

Regretting You is an emotional rollercoaster. As it follows a mother, Morgan, and daughter, Clara, who navigate life after the passing of a husband and father. As well as the passing of a sister and an aunt. 

I felt a relation to both characters, as I have lost someone who I thought I knew so well. And I spent months living in turmoil, tugging at strings that only led me down a deeper and darker hole.  There is nothing like finding out someone’s true personality, long after they are gone. Which is why I probably was so drawn to this story, knowing that there are more people out there that have experienced this same type of pain. 

And then wanting to laugh in those grief ridden moments feels so wrong. Wanting to move on with life, and find love feels like you are betraying them in some way. And dealing with those emotions are a feat in themselves. 

I couldn’t fully give this five stars, no matter how much I enjoyed the story, because if I sit back and objectively look at it as a whole, I do see where there were moments that felt a little rushed. As well as the ending, as sweet as it was, wasn’t something I was expecting and as a reader I felt like I needed more in the ending than she was able to give me. 

 

As always, I do recommend forming your own opinion, so there is a direct link to the book up above. And I always welcome feedback on my own critique as I’m not always right.









 



Comments

Popular Posts