What are Friends For?


One kiss can change everything. Remi Beaufort, goes to a party and participates in a game that leaves her blindfolded in a closet leading her to share a mind-altering kiss with a boy.


Who she finds out is her best friend after she bumps her head and her blindfold falls off.

​

Remi struggles throughout the whole book to tell her best friend Elijah that they shared a kiss, but she also doesn’t want to ruin their life long friendship and come between him and his girlfriend. 


QUICK INSIGHT

Author: Sarah Sutton

Genre: YA Romance 

Pages: 293

Cover art: 5/5 (by unknown)

Cover by: Unknown

Overall Reading Experience: 2/5

First 5 Chapters: I wanted to DNF, did a  lot of telling and not showing.

Reasons to keep reading: Because of the  LOVE, duh!

Get it Here: What are Friends For?




WRITING!

Even though the book was really hard to read even after 50 pages, the writing was there. I loved her imagery, sometimes I felt like I was in Remy’s mind. And for a self-published book, I could tell an editor was involved, more brownie points for the author!



HOT or NOT?

This book wasn’t for me. The more that I dove deeper into the book, the longer it took me to 

read. I, personally, struggled really hard to relate to Remi. To me, she seemed wishy-washy and always ran from her problems. I also felt that the dialogue felt forced and awkward. What I really wanted from this book was a more developed friendship between Remi and Elijah. The bond between them seemed to consist of a ton of sarcastic comments. I got the feeling they were acquaintances who shared a couple of classes rather than a life full of friendship and memories. 

And it felt even more forced that they were supposed to be in love with each other. I wanted more long, steamy glances, or maybe another mistaken kiss. I never got that tight feeling at the bottom of my stomach when reading well-written scenes. Overall I expected more from the book than it could give me.


As always, I do recommend forming your own opinion, so there is a direct link to the book up above.


Comments

Popular Posts