What are Friends For?


One kiss can change everything. Remi Beaufort, goes to a party and participates in a game that leaves her blindfolded in a closet leading her to share a mind-altering kiss with a boy.


Who she finds out is her best friend after she bumps her head and her blindfold falls off.

Remi struggles throughout the whole book to tell her best friend Elijah that they shared a kiss, but she also doesn’t want to ruin their life long friendship and come between him and his girlfriend. 


QUICK INSIGHT

Author: Sarah Sutton

Genre: YA Romance 

Pages: 293

Cover art: 5/5 (by unknown)

Cover by: Unknown

Overall Reading Experience: 2/5

First 5 Chapters: I wanted to DNF, did a  lot of telling and not showing.

Reasons to keep reading: Because of the  LOVE, duh!

Get it Here: What are Friends For?




WRITING!

Even though the book was really hard to read even after 50 pages, the writing was there. I loved her imagery, sometimes I felt like I was in Remy’s mind. And for a self-published book, I could tell an editor was involved, more brownie points for the author!



HOT or NOT?

This book wasn’t for me. The more that I dove deeper into the book, the longer it took me to 

read. I, personally, struggled really hard to relate to Remi. To me, she seemed wishy-washy and always ran from her problems. I also felt that the dialogue felt forced and awkward. What I really wanted from this book was a more developed friendship between Remi and Elijah. The bond between them seemed to consist of a ton of sarcastic comments. I got the feeling they were acquaintances who shared a couple of classes rather than a life full of friendship and memories. 

And it felt even more forced that they were supposed to be in love with each other. I wanted more long, steamy glances, or maybe another mistaken kiss. I never got that tight feeling at the bottom of my stomach when reading well-written scenes. Overall I expected more from the book than it could give me.


As always, I do recommend forming your own opinion, so there is a direct link to the book up above.


Comments

Popular Posts